Data Protection Policy for the Activities connected with the South West Marine Ecosystems Meetings
Version 21st March 2018
Author & Data Controller: Bob Earll firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy covers the mailings we undertake in organising the South West Marine Ecosystem Meetings (SWME), its related activities (publicising meeting outputs, annual reports) and supporting organisations which share objectives with SWME. SWME is a not-for-profit organisation. This data protection policy describes our approach to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); it includes the following elements:
- Personal data held For routine mailings using the Mailchimp emailing service we hold the name, email address and in some cases organisation details of our contacts. We do not hold postal address information for our contacts. It is our policy to hold as little personal data as possible on our contacts and to make our policy and processes as transparent as possible.
- Risk Assessment From our understanding of the GDPR regulations the data we hold would be a low risk information in relation to our contacts.
- External systems Our routine emailing system is with Mailchimp and we use Eventbrite for conference booking processes.
- Unsubscribing We have no desire to send people unwanted emails. All emails carry an unsubscribe option or if you wish the data controller, Bob Earll email@example.com will remove your details.
- Subscribing From the 2018 SWME conference onward all new subscribers to the SWME conferences will be made aware of the SWME data protection policy, which is available on the SWME website http://swmecosystems.co.uk/data-protection-policy. People wishing to subscribe to SWME activities can also do so using the sign-up facility on the SWME website.
- Other Questions Should you have any other questions concerning our work and data protection issues please contact the data controller and we will try our best to help you with these.